Congress delegates have been invited to submit abstracts of their scientific work for poster presentation at XV International Congress of Pediatric Laboratory
Medicine (ICPLM). Abstracts have arrived in all fields of Pediatric Laboratory Medicine (clinical chemistry, hematology, clinical molecular biology and laboratory medicine).
Six abstracts have been selected for oral presentation during the abstract presentation session. All posters will be displayed as pdf file in a gallery on the Virtual Plattform.
Co-Abstract Coordinators: Sharon Geaghan and Vijay Grey
The text must be clear, concise, and written in proper English. The content must not have been previously published in academic journals or subject to peer review. Significant technical information must not be withheld. Abstracts must absolutely contain results. Statements such as “results will be discussed” are not acceptable and will lead to rejection.
Deadline for receipt:
Abstracts should be submitted by August 31st, 2021. Confirmation of receipt:
Receipt of the abstract will be acknowledged by e-mail immediately after submission. Registration:
The presenting author of each abstract must register for the congress with “Full Registration”.
Posters that will be accepted will be uploaded as .pdf files on the virtual platform. Detailed instructions will be sent further on.
1. clinical chemistry
3. clinical molecular biology
4. new technologies applied to pediatric laboratory medicine
5. neonatal screening
6. biochemical genetics
7. next generation sequencing
Structure of the Abstract
Abstracts should be structured and must include:
• BACKGROUND: a brief introduction stating the purpose of the investigation and its relevance to laboratory medicine;
• METHODS: a description of the methodology used;
• RESULTS: to be supported by statistical or other evidence to show their validity;
• CONCLUSIONS: The body of the abstract must not exceed 2300 characters, spaces included. (title, authors’ names and affiliations excluded).
How to prepare and submit an abstract
It is important to carefully follow the instructions below. Incorrectly prepared abstracts will be rejected.
• Abstracts should be prepared off-line in advance;
• Prepare your abstract on a word processor (such as Microsoft Word);
• Do not include title, authors’ names and affiliations in the abstract file.
• References are not allowed;
• When abbreviations are used, spell out the full word at first mention in the text followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Thereafter, use the abbreviation throughout.
When the on-line system requires the abstract to be entered, copy and paste your text. The system will automatically notify you if the abstract exceeds this number of characters. Title, author(s) and affiliation(s) must be added separately at the appropriate step.
Abstract authors are asked to indicate whether they wish to apply for an oral presentation during the abstract presentation session.